Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Is there a baby in there?

Today I had to go to my apartment office to get a package and I had Aybra in a ring sling... I had the tail (as I always do) draped over her so none of her was showing (and so nosey people cant try to touch her).... Anyway the woman that was giving me my package said "I just have to ask, but is there a baby in there?" I dont know how but I almost forgot that Aybra was even in there.. She is just so light. It took me a minute to figure out what the lady was talking about. I told her Yes. She commented on how great that "thing" was and that Aybra was so tiny. She asked how old she was.. You know how people are with babies.. They want to know everything. I told her that she is almost 4 months. You know what comes next.. She is so tiny... Which leads into the She was early conversation... Then on the way out the woman said well you look great to have only had her 4 months ago... I told her Thanks.. She was joking that her kid was 6 years old and was pointing to her stomach... On the way back home I was thinking well no ****.. She was only 1#. Its not like my stomach was sticking out to Egypt! So.. It made me wonder... People have made that comment a lot, after Kaia and now after her (I was fat after Alo).... Did any of you ever get those kinds of comments? I would much rather have the "Wow youre fat" comment and have a healthy baby than to have a "great body" with a tiny baby. I guess these people dont realize that when a baby is a few months early that they are really small and that the mama doesnt show very much... I mean this woman saw at almost 4 months how small Aybra is.. I just wonder how big she thought she was when she was born.

BTW.. The package was a postal scale I ordered for shipping and to weigh Aybra :) I weighed her today butt naked and she was 2953 or 6# 7oz... Ive been BFing her as much as I can and I was thinking that she was losing some weight but Im not sure. (If she is Im pretty sure its because she is getting mostly foremilk) Anyway, this is the starting weight Im using and Im trying to weigh her before and after every BF session to see how much she is taking in. Im not using formula to fortify her milk. Ive been skimming like 15 ounces per day of my milk and using that in her bottles. Now that she is taking more breast Ill have to use the make-shift SNS to give her some of the skimmed stuff.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Because I am obese and Robbie was only a month early I never had anyone comment about my weight.

WTG Aybra on breast feeding. Keep it up. Let mommy toss the bottles. I hate all the work with bottles...

Unknown said...

Oh, Khourt - I love the pictures! Aybra is just a doll.

It's good to see you on the board once in awhile. I miss you. It seems like everybody there has a baby already and I still don't. Grrrr. . . Oh, well.

Maybe it's the opposite side of your frustration. Hmmm. . .

Heidi