Saturday, April 5, 2008

4.5.08 HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what happened today?? Look at the following picture and you can see!!!

Photobucket



My baby girl is OFF of the vent!!!! She got taken off at 11 this morning... I called and called and called all day to see how she was doing off of it. I thought for sure she would only last a few minutes.. but its midnight now and she is still off! She is doing great. She is on 1.5 lpm nasal cannula and she is just cruising along. She has had a few desats episodes but I imagine its a little hard for her being so little but Im amazed at how well she is doing. I did not expect them to even try for another week or two.

Here is another picture of her face without the vent.

Photobucket

And.... Being off of the vent means she gets to move positions... (They took her umbillical lines out). This is her spina bifida free back! I finally got to see for myself. I feel so relieved seeing this. Its like closure or something. I just feel like I can breathe.

Photobucket


She had a lot of things happen today. She is being weighed again tonight. When I have that number I will update. Im really anxious to see how much she weighs now. She looks like she has lost some weight and Im sure she did from the typical stuff babies normally lose but she just looks skinny. Im just praying if she did it isnt a lot of weight. Im really hoping for a gain though.

Tomorrow I hope more happy news will come. I *might* get to hold her depending on how well she does. She does not like stimulation.. Noises or touches so Im kind of worried how it will go. I dont want to irritate her but Im dying to hold her. Also, if her bili levels are looking good she might get to come out from under the lights.. I swear her NICU journey is going by so fast. At this rate she will be home in no time. I never expected her to do this well so its still kind of hard to believe. I just keep waiting for something to go wrong.


Kaia finally got to meet his sister today (Bay-bay Abba).. He had a few things to say..
1. "Tell me about her boobs"
2. "Can she walk?"
3. "When she gets big she will get big boobs"
4. "I want to hold her"

He got to kiss the glass

Photobucket

And he touched her a few times. He is VERY excited about his baby sister.

Photobucket


Alo got to see her again too. I just love how this picture turned out.

Photobucket


He loves to point at her and smile

Photobucket

1 comment:

Nic said...

She's precious as ever, Khourt! Praise God for all her progress! Can't wait to hear some more good new today! Update us soon!